Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Birthday/Mother’s Day

This year for my birthday I told Matt that I wanted us all to go to Busch Gardens for the day. While I know the kids are the ones that get to ride all the rides and probably think they have more fun than anyone, I just love to go and see the joy and excitement on their faces. By the end of the day, we are all usually exhausted, but it is oh so worth it. With Mother’s Day being so close to my birthday too, we kind of combined the holidays and had one big shindig of a weekend! It was great! First up…cake! Matt got a yummy cake from Dairy Queen. It pretty much sums up who I am. Haha! :O)100_5966Then on to Busch Gardens. The first stop, the Clydesdales. My kids are fascinated with horses. Every time we go home, being around my parents’ horses is one of the highlights. So of course, we had to take time to see these magnificent animals.100_5969 Lots of fun kids’ rides100_5973

100_5976A boat ride on the “Rhine River”100_5978 The kids absolutely LOVE this ride, but I just can’t stomach it. So this is their and Daddy’s ride. They just love how it swings them around and makes it look like they are going to crash into the other people and/or fence. :O)100_5982This one is called “Escape from Pompeii”. Matt and Chance are in the front seat. (This is not a favorite of Mikaela’s so she opts to sit out with me and Trinity.)100_5987Trinity’s highlight of the day was meeting Elmo. I almost screwed up because we waited to go to the Sesame Street area until the very last. By the time we got there, it was late and not a character was in sight. And all Trinity had talked about all day was seeing Elmo. She told total strangers she was going to see him. I was more than a little worried. There is an area where you can get your picture taken with one of the characters; and luckily, the stars aligned and it was Elmo! Trinity ran right up to him and gave him the biggest bear hug I’ve ever seen! It was priceless. She was in heaven!100_5989

100_5990 Not only was my birthday and Mother’s Day filled with fun and laughter, more importantly it was filled with love. I can’t count the number of home-made cards I got, the hugs, the kisses, the pure joy my three littles and my wonderful husband give me. And not just on these two days, but on every day of the year. A girl couldn’t ask for any more.

1 comment: