Some of you reading this might have already seen my post yesterday on facebook. But this has been weighing on my heart ever since. Yesterday morning I was doing some housework and had a Christian radio station playing in the living room. I hadn't been in there for awhile and as I turned the corner, I saw Trinity dancing. Now, those who know Trinity know that this is nothing new. But this time, I actually stopped in my tracks. Her dancing was something new...something pure. She was dancing TO her Lord. Now, I'm sure a lot of people are thinking, "She's 4. She didn't know what she was doing. She was just dancing like all kids do" But if you would have seen her, you would have no doubt she did know what she was doing. She was listening to the words of the song (At one point, it mentioned bowing to the Lord, and she bowed down) and I could just see her connection to the moment. Now, of course, this was very precious to me. What mom wouldn't be touched? But it was more that that.
All day long I felt the pull on my heart. At 4 years old, Trinity's relationship with her God is very basic. She knows that Jesus died on the cross, but doesn't truely understand what that means for her. Her only understanding is that God loves her more than anything else. And that's it. And that's enough. That was enough to cause her to want to dance her praises to Him. And I beleive that's what God's been asking me all day. Why aren't I dancing? How much more do I understand what God has done for me? His daily blessings, his ultimate sacrifice. Yet, when's the last time I danced for Him?
So that's what this post is about. A reminder to me. And maybe a reminder to you. Dance your praises to God today. Or sing. Or just speak. However you do it, remember to praise Him...constantly. For His blessings are abundant. "And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8
I will extol the LORD at all times; His praise will always be on my lips. Psalm 34:1
Friday, January 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Amen, Candie!! Thanks for the reminder!! What a special moment to be a witness to God's glory :) Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete~Ang
I've not checked your blog since I'm usually let down by no posts. :) I was so happy to read this one!
ReplyDelete