Chance's class is 4 & 5 year olds and all boys. So needless to say, it can get a bit crazy at times. Organized chaos is often the phrase that comes to mind. The coaches do a great job though of rounding them up and actually getting them to practice a few of their skills.
Mikaela's class is 6 & 7 year olds and is all boys, except for Mikaela and one other girl. This does not bother Mikaela at all though. She does a good job of holding her own. However, I think it's funny to watch because the boys are all going full-throttle, just wanting to be the first one down the court. The girls, however, take their time and make sure they are actually doing it right. Mikaela is often the only one actually dribbling the ball without it rolling half-way down the court. Half the time the boys are kicking their basketballs just to get there faster!
Just look at that form! I'm pretty sure she gets her raw talent from her mom!
The kids are so excited every Saturday morning for basketball. And I have to be honest, Matt and I are just as excited. It's so fun to see them enjoy themselves so much. I have the feeling we are just getting a glimpse at the fun ahead as they get older.




Yay! First real post, check. You are officially blogging! I'm going to love seeing the updates and as you know, I won't hold it against you if there are long gaps between posts :-)
ReplyDelete