So for those of you in the Air Force, or my family whom I’ve complained, I mean “talked” to, you know what I’m talking about when I say Matt is going to “Red Flag”. But for those of you that don’t, it’s an exercise held near Vegas where several squadrons from around the country go to play, I mean “train”. Anyway, some brilliant wife somewhere decided that the wives of these hard-working gentlemen should be able get away for a weekend once awhile as well. Thus the invention of “Pink Flag”. (It’s just too bad the Air Force doesn’t pay for our trips!) Anyway, I have never been able to actually go on one of these fun trips because I’ve either had a new baby, been traveling, or have had other family plans. However, this changed this March when the wives group of the 27th Fighter Squadron decided a Pink Flag was in order. The entire weekend was planned out, but I only went to the festivities on Saturday. (We had already made plans to do some family fun together on Sunday.) It was a GREAT day being able to relax and hang out with some amazing ladies.
After meeting up to carpool, we made the short trip up to Richmond and grabbed a quick bite to eat. We then made our way to the beautiful Landmark Theater, where we watched the Broadway musical “Wicked”. It was amazing! I have always wanted to see a Broadway show, and now that I have, I’m hooked!
After the show, we headed to the motel so the girls who were staying the night could get their rooms and all of us could freshen up. Then we ate dinner at the Tobacco Company. It was delish!
It really was a wonderful day. The people I have met here are amazing. If I had to choose one of my favorite things about the Air Force, it would be the fact that I have made so many wonderful friends. People that I would never had had the opportunity to meet otherwise. It’s always sad when the Air Force decides it’s time to move on to someplace new, but it’s always a comfort to know that no matter where we end up, there will be new friends just waiting to be met! And I know that no matter the distance between us, these friends that I have made around the world will be friends that I will keep for life.




NICE!!!! What a huge turn out too. Still haven't done one myself, but I will soon, I know it.
ReplyDeleteI haven't made it to one either but I guess one day I will! I've always wanted to see Wicked! I'm glad that you had a good time!!
ReplyDelete