Wow. I’m sitting here trying to think of a clever way to start this blog. One that captures the utter awesomeness of Easter. But I know that I’ll never, ever be able to do it. Because there are no words for how magnificent our Savior is, or how amazing His love for us is, or what a miracle Easter is. So I’ll just start off by saying, “Thank you, Jesus! Thank you for dying on the cross, for bearing my sins, for defeating death and rising on the third day. Thank you for loving me so very much that I cannot even comprehend.” Awesome. It’s just awesome.
We were very blessed to get to spend Easter with our family in Missouri this year. We normally don’t make it home during this time of the year. However, this year Matt will be deployed over the summer. So this was his only chance to make it back and see all of the family for awhile. Thankfully, Mikaela’s Spring Break coincided with Easter, so we took the week and headed to the Show-Me State. It’s always crazy, and busy, and loud (at the Crawford house anyway) but we love every bit of it!
Matt and I are very lucky that our parents only live a few miles away from each other. So we never have to decide which family we are going to see. We get to make one trip and see everyone. It makes it so much easier. And we’re even luckier that both of our families are great about sharing us. While we do our absolute best about dividing our time up, it is a true blessing not to have to stress about upsetting anyone. They are all very understanding and just love on us as much as the can, whenever they can.
We started off our Easter celebration by coloring eggs at Grandma Crawford’s house. The kids had a blast, and surprisingly made very little mess.
On Saturday, we got together with the Howard side of our family and the kids enjoyed the first of many egg hunts.
Pops & Gigi with their grandbabies
Easter morning the kids were very excited to see what the Easter Bunny had brought them and then hunted for the eggs that he had hidden. Then it was time to head to church, where the real celebration on Easter took place. Again, how awesome is our Savior!!
After church, we headed to my parents’ house to celebrate with the Crawford side of our family. These are the Crawford grandbabies, ages 21 to 2.
I don’t think when my parents fell in love that they ever imagined this…Now you can imagine what I was talking about earlier when I said it was usually loud. You get that many people together and there’s bound to be some noise. It probably doesn’t help though that we all are a bit mouthy. :O) Anyway, the kids had a blast with yet another TWO egg hunts, some fun Easter games, and just enjoying the day with everyone. I have so many great pictures, and I’d love to share them all. I’ll just add a few though so this won’t turn into my very own 100 page picture book.
What a great way to celebrate Easter!




No comments:
Post a Comment