Saturday, September 18, 2010

First Day of School 2010

Well, what can I say that isn’t said by every other mom every year? I could go on and on about how I just can’t believe my kids are getting so big. But you all have heard it before, so here’s just a bunch of pictures I took before we headed to school that first day.100_6766 100_6767 Chance – My big Kindergartener

100_6768 Mikaela – My sassy Second Grader

100_6769 Trinity – My baby (who, of course, had to have her picture taken that morning too!)

100_6770

100_6774It’s gonna be a great first day!

100_6775 Okay, I know I said I wouldn’t say it, but man, I can’t believe how big my little girl is getting! Mikaela is turning into such a great young lady and I am so very proud of her! She was a little nervous on that first day of school. She is my little perfectionist and she was so scared she wasn’t going to remember anything from the first grade! Luckily, she had a great first day and was beaming from ear to ear when I picked her up. Those nerves were gone and in their place, excitement! My second grader is ready to rock this year!

100_6776 And Chance, well, there wasn’t a nervous bone in his body. We are so blessed this year to have Mrs. Ballman as Chance’s teacher. She was Mikaela’s kindergarten teacher and we LOVE her! Chance had been literally jumping with excitement since he found out who his teacher was. So on Tuesday, he was more than ready to head into that classroom and be the best little kindergartener he can be!

Several people have asked me if there were any tears this year, so I guess I’ll go ahead and address this. I really thought this year was going to be so much easier. Since I had gone through all of this with Mikaela, I figured I would breeze right through with Chance. And I was ready. Until a couple days before school started. Then the nerves hit. (Having Matt gone didn't help either. He's supposed to be the rational one that can talk away my fears.) But luckily Chance’s excitement far outweighed my fears, so on that first day, we were ready. And I did fine! He was more than ready for me to leave and I walked down that hall with a smile on my face. Then it happened. Trinity. That sweet little girl wrapped her arms around my neck and started whimpering! She didn’t say a thing. Just snuggled in close to me and whimpered. I could just feel her sadness over leaving that school without her sissy and bubby. And those dang tears. Well, how in the world could a momma not get teary-eyed at that moment? But I did manage to not let any fall. I knew that would just make it worse for Trinity. So I pulled it together and actually skipped to our car. By the time we were all buckled in and heading out of that parking lot, Trinity was my happy little girl again and we were off. And she’s done great ever since. She never seems like she misses them through the day. But man, when I ask if she’s ready to go pick up Sissy and Bubby, that girl is at the door ready to go!

So there it is. Another first day of school in the record books. Here’s to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment