Friday, September 10, 2010

Summer in Missouri – Part 2 (Let The Fun Begin)

Our time in Missouri was filled with non-stop family fun. But first off, some much needed beauty maintenance. Both Mikaela and Chance had their first haircuts done by my baby sister, Crissie. So, I had been holding off getting Trinity’s done until we were back home. I wanted to finish out the tradition, so Aunt Crissie to the rescue!

100_6443 Loving the first haircut!

100_6448 Sitting still like she’s done this a million times :O)

100_6449 Yay! All done and soooo cute!

Once our beauty needs had been met, we decided to take a few days and go visit Matt’s brother’s family in Joplin. (I am extremely lucky in that Matt’s brother, Nate, married one of my very best friends.) First up, Cristy and I took our kids to Chucke Cheese’s. I’m not sure why I didn’t take any pictures, but you can imagine the fun we had. We also went to the river nearby and had some fun in the water one afternoon.100_6452Haleigh and Trinity

100_6453 Our version of river rafting

RiverA mixture of our two families

One morning Cristy and I hit up a garage sale just down the street from her house. Chance scored this really neat K’NEX set for a dollar. I tried to put it together, however, no instructions were included. (Not that I could have figured it out even with those in hand.) But awesome Uncle Nate came to the rescue and after finding some instructions online, stayed up most of the night getting it put together for him. Chance was super excited to see it in its final stages when he woke up.100_6455 100_6458 Thanks, Uncle Nate!

We also got to celebrate my niece, Haleigh’s 3rd birthday while we were there. Matt’s grandparents (I hesitate to say that, because I consider them just as much my grandparents. But I guess biologically, they’re his.) came for the day and it was so great that we could see them.

100_6464 Papa & Nana with their great-grandkids

100_6466

After spending those few days with Nate & Cristy, we headed straight to the lake to spend a few days with one of my sisters, Carrie, and her family. Most of our time was spent out on their boat. We had a blast!100_6470 Carlee, Chance & Mikaela

100_6477Dalton and Trinity

100_6493

100_6501 Chance knee boarding

100_6506Mikaela knee boarding. This was a huge deal. She is not my daredevil child, so to even get her to try it was quite the feat. But look-y there, a smile even!!

100_6512 Our Captains of the Ship…Uncle Dennis and Trinity

100_6513

100_6514100_6515 Now this is what I call a TUBE! Whitney, Dalton, Carlee, Mikaela & Chance

100_6518

100_6521 Chance & Carlee loved it…Mikaela, not quite so sure. However, I did convince her to get on it again with me. The fact that Trinity was riding it might have been what sealed the deal though.

100_6522 100_6528

100_6535 Even Trinity loved this thing! She kept hollering to “Go Faster!” It was so funny!

So after I got back onto the boat after going with my kids, Carrie asked me, “So, you ready to go with the big kids?” I thought she was meaning the big LITTLE kids (like Carlee, Chance, Mikaela), so I said “Sure!” Turns out she was talking about the big BIG kids, Dalton, Whitney and their friend, Kortnee. Well, I can’t back out now and look like a wimp. Here we go!100_6539 100_6541 The tube ride was fun, but I don’t know how I was the one who ended up underneath Dalton. I’m pretty sure this is me yelling after he had fallen on me about 4 times.

100_6543And I’m pretty sure this is right before Dalton decided we were hanging on too good and decided to take matters into his own hands. He proceeded to tip us over. Dang nephews. :O)

100_6548 I never could get Trinity to rest while on the boat, but Aunt Carrie…well, she’s got the touch.

100_6550 100_6560 Carrie and I decided we needed to show the young-folk how it was done. Ride ‘em cowgirls!

100_6563 Yeah, we might be show-boating a little bit.

100_6565 And then Dennis decided to actually speed up and we decided we better hold on. Our momma didn’t raise no fools. (Well, she might have, but it’s not us two!) haha!

The kids decided they wanted to go to a cliff they jump off of regularly. Of course, Mikaela didn’t want to do it. And that was fine by me!! I almost told Chance he couldn’t because the mom in me started having heart palpitations. But he really wanted to and my sister assured me they do it all the time and it was safe, so I gave in.100_6570 This is Dalton & Chance getting ready to jump together.

100_6571 Woohoo!

100_6575 Then Chance decided he was doing it on his own. Brave little guy!

100_6573 100_6598 I still haven’t figured out where I’m supposed to tighten the ski pylon to…

100_6599 The girls (Abby – a friend of Carlee’s, Carlee, Trinity & Mikaela)

100_6600 Chance & Aunt Carrie

100_6602 All tuckered out…and we’ve still got over three weeks to go here in Missouri!

2 comments:

  1. That was a great blog! It looks like you guys had a great time, I still love Trin's hair, you are lucky Mikaela isn't a daredevil -its nervewrecking!

    oh yeah, we think we need a date night too..are you volunteering?

    ReplyDelete
  2. C jumping off that rock is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete