Yup, it’s hard to believe, but summer vacation has come and gone. On our very last day before school started up, I decided we need to have one last hoo-rah. There is an army post with a pool/beach combo near here that people have raved over since we moved here, and for some reason, we’ve never taken the time to check it out. I figured this was the perfect way to end our summer. Some other girls from our squadron here decided to join us, so that just added to the fun of our day. My kids wanted to try out the pool first. They had a great kiddy pool with a small slide, and then a large slide and diving board in the deep end of the regular pool. We spent most of our pool time in the kiddy part, but Mikaela & Chance did try out the deeper side. Chance was excited to get to try out the diving board since I had brought his life-jacket.
Mikaela always goes off the diving board at our neighborhood pool. But since Chance was wearing his life-jacket, she thought she should too. Silly girl.
Chance LOVED the slide. I couldn’t even convince Mikaela to try it. (Remember me mentioning earlier that she is not my daredevil child? I even tried to bribe her, but no luck.)
Trinity was just happy she could touch!
This is the slide Mikaela loved. Actually, they all loved it. Trinity included. I just was too busy catching her at the bottom (because she couldn’t touch at that end) to take any pictures.
After spending a little time at the pool, we decided to eat some lunch and hit the beach, where we spent the majority of our day.
My kids love trying to jump the waves. (I love the look of pure joy on her face.)
Playing with some of our friends
My kids could spend hours on the beach. Who am I kidding? I could too. We love the water. We love the sun. We love the sand. (Okay, so I might not love the sand so much. That stuff gets everywhere! But I absolutely LOVE seeing them enjoy it so much, so a little sand here and there is totally worth it.) It was a great day spent together. A great way to send summer out with a splash!




No comments:
Post a Comment